Maybe the one or other Camper has made the not so nice experience of a leaking waterheater when started up for the first time after the winter.
A reason for this could be that the water was not drained from the waterheater. Or there was still water in the lines that had not been completely emptied because e.g. the caravan was not positioned horizontally.
Always empty the boiler if the vehicle is not in use during periods of frost.
To avoid frost damage to the waterheater, we advise the following:
1. The caravan should be positioned horizontally when draining the water.
2. First disconnect the power supply to the water pump (master switch of transformer)
3. Next, the water is drained from the tank and / or the water pump is removed from the tank.
4. Now open the taps in the kitchen and wet cell, and if your vehicle has pre-mixing valves, set these to warm.
5. Then turn to completely open the drain and venting valve, and pull out.
6. Now check whether the water (5 litres) drains completely.
Use a 5 litre bucket or tank with a filling level scale to check the amount of drained water.
7. You can also blow into the open tap – when set to warm – to blow out any remaining water from the device.
And finally, another bit of advice!
We recommend using agents with active oxygen and silver ions for cleaning, disinfection and care tasks . These disinfect effectively and are gentle on materials and the environment.