With an air conditioning system from Truma you can always have exactly the temperature you want inside your vehicle. It is not only the cooling output that counts, there is another function of the air conditioning system that is equally as important: it can dehumidify the air reliably. The higher the room temperature, the lower the humidity should be, because the body can discharge excess heat much more easily when the room air is dry. A high level of humidity often feels oppressive. The temperature and humidity level are perfectly aligned in all air conditioning systems from Truma.
Even if the weather is tropical outside, you should only cool down your motorhome or caravanmoderately. Experts recommend only cooling the temperature by around six degrees. This even applies when it is 35°C in the shade. If the temperature difference between the inside and the outside is too large, then this can lead to circulatory problems and illness.
Here are more tips:
Want to turn on the Truma Combi heater whilst you are still on the ski slope so you can return to a warm vehicle? The Truma iNet System makes it possible. You can even (remote) control Truma air conditioning systems via a smartphone or tablet – for instance, when you are on the beach or out hiking. The new Truma air conditioning control ensures a constant temperature in the motorhome and coordinates the heater and air conditioning systems perfectly.
The heart of this system is the Truma iNet Box. It is the central control unit of the system and enables communication between the Truma App and the Truma devices. When near the vehicle, all commands can be issued completely free of charge via Bluetooth, and if you are further away by means of SMS. Continue reading
There is no way of knowing what the weather will be like. Not even in Italy. Being able to control your air conditioning system means you can cope whatever the temperature. The Truma iNet Box acts as a central control unit linked to the networked Truma devices.
It forms the interface to the Truma Combi and the air conditioning systems, and also enables the devices to communicate with each other. The new air conditioning control function controls the system via the Truma App. The digital control panel CP plus – iNet ready coordinates the Truma air conditioning system and the Combi heater perfectly. Continue reading
The digital control unit
can not only be used for our heater type Combi 4 or Combi 6 (gas/electro- or dieselversion), but is also compatible with our air-conditioning system Saphir Compact and Comfort RC.
It must be notified, that the air-conditioning System Saphir Compact can only be operated with the digital control unit with serial-number 23091001 or higher. Otherwise the electronik must be changed in adition.
The Truma air conditioning systems are imperative to ensure you can enjoy a pleasant and relaxed trip. But what do you need to take into account when choosing a system?
When choosing the right air conditioning system for your recreational vehicle, you need to take into account your personal preferences and the specifications of the vehicle into account. If you have a long vehicle, it is worthwhile using two Truma air conditioning systems and opting for the comfort models of the Truma air conditioning systems; two of these systems have the benefit of an added heating function (Aventa comfort and Saphir comfort RC). This may be useful between the seasons. You also need to decide whether to opt for a rooftop model or a under-bench model. Rooftop air conditioning systems are installed in a flat, space-saving and aesthetic manner onto the roof from where the air is distributed inside the vehicle. In an under-bench system air is distributed flexibly by fitting cold pipes. The centre of gravity of is placed on the floor of the recreational vehicle. Think about the fuses in place at the camping sites you visit. Do you travel to areas with low fuses, or is economic use of power important to you? In this case, you could opt for the eco or compact models. All Truma air conditioning systems are compressor systems that both cool and dehumidify the air to create a pleasant room climate.
You should also consider your personal cooling and travel preferences. If you like travelling to the Mediterranean where the air humidity is higher, your cooling requirements will also be higher. If you cook or shower frequently in the vehicle, this will also raise the air humidity. A family vehicle with several passengers heats up more quickly. If you want to cool the entire vehicle, you will need more energy than if you only cool the bedrooms.
Make the most of your Truma air conditioning system with these few simple tips!
1) Vent your recreational vehicle before switching on the air conditioning system to guarantee fast cooling.
2) Close all windows and doors during operation.
3) Park your vehicle in the shade if possible.
4) Additional insulation, e.g. windows films or protective films prevent the vehicle from heating up.
5) If possible, cover any skylights and windows from outside, as these only cause the temperature inside the vehicle to increase.
6) Clean your roof regularly, because a clean roof does not heat up as quickly.
7) Ensure that there is enough air circulation below the vehicle by means of sufficient openings to prevent air build-up, e.g. attachment of skirt boards.
8) Do not select an inside temperature that differs too greatly from the outside temperature as this strains the body. The cleaning and dehumidification of the air generates a pleasant room climate even when the temperature difference is low.
9) Replace the air filter of your Aventa every year. If you have a Saphir, replace the particle filter once a year and clean the fluff filter twice a year or as necessary. Thanks to the closed cooling circuit, the Truma air conditioning systems are practically maintenance-free, e.g. no coolant needs to be refilled or replaced.